Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Wed May 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter 8/10
Not as good as the 1st season but it was still really good. The pace in my opinion was bit too fast, they were far less struggling. I know that they are experienced now, but still they overcame the difficulties rather fast. I mean they didn't show us the practices as much as before, now kinda straight into concerts. The relationship is developing nicely. Looking forward to 3rd season Smile P.S. I am becoming a fan of classic music...Very Happy

Nodame Cantabile OVA 5/10
What a letdown... was it supposed to be funny? Well didn't work out for me... especially that ending was gross, it made be go from 7 to 5 just in 5 seconds... I hate my imagination.




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:49 am

Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi 7/10
Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. I mean 7 is actually a good grade and I am rating according to MAL system where 7 stands for - good. It was indeed good, but why it didn't get a 10? Firstly, it's just a personal matter, but I am not fond of parodies, however it was one of the better one. After all I completed the series, while I'd normally drop it or don't even start it when anime has parody genre. Secondly, there were no real plot. Every episode (twice was two ep story) is a new story. So maybe for someone it's fun this way, but I prefer shows to have an actual plot and aim. If you say the plot/aim was to character (love) development...then here you see my last reason why it didn't get a 10. Simply because it barely moved... if you disagree with me, then I wonder what kind of relationship you imagine... So yeah, not even talking about kissing part, but they could have at least held hands... They ended like leaving for 2nd season, which I doubt will be. I don't like such endings "create your own one".




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by V1ncent on Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 am

The World God Only Knows season one: 7/10

it was fun but I don't really understand the hype around it, the arcs felt rushed to me and the fillers were my favorite episodes Laughing

V1ncent
Contributer

Posts : 4276
Points : 7275
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1995-01-26
Age : 22
Gender : Male
Location : h0lland

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by V1ncent on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Nekomonogatari: Black: 9/10

definitely one of my favorite series, I thought I would enjoy this less because it had no senjougahara, hachikuji and kanbaru but it completely proved me wrong. Tsubasa is kinda cool and tsukihi & karen were as awesome as they were in nisemonogatari.

V1ncent
Contributer

Posts : 4276
Points : 7275
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1995-01-26
Age : 22
Gender : Male
Location : h0lland

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 pm

V1ncent wrote:Nekomonogatari: Black: 9/10

definitely one of my favorite series, I thought I would enjoy this less because it had no senjougahara, hachikuji and kanbaru but it completely proved me wrong. Tsubasa is kinda cool and tsukihi & karen were as awesome as they were in nisemonogatari.

I still haven't started... when I heard no Senjougahara.. lost my interest in it for a while Sad




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Bato on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:17 pm

UN-GO Episode 0 – 9/10
I have to agree that after all it’s best to watch this before the anime itself. I understood that it would have made the anime alot better and understandable. The episode itself was just great. Just like the anime i rated this as a 9.

Bato
Contributer

Posts : 12723
Points : 16067
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1991-02-03
Age : 26
Gender : Male
Location : Hollaaanddd

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Bato wrote:UN-GO Episode 0 – 9/10
I have to agree that after all it’s best to watch this before the anime itself. I understood that it would have made the anime alot better and understandable. The episode itself was just great. Just like the anime i rated this as a 9.

Glad to see your honesty Razz




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 am

Highschool DxD OVA’s – 8/10
To say it shortly - fun episodes. Especially the 2nd one where Issei together with Asia accompanies every clan member to their work and observes it. Of course, all "jobs" were rather strange... but that's what made it fun Smile I love Akeno's seiyuu... such great sadist voice Very Happy




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Bato on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:51 am

Highschool DxD OVA’s – 6/10
It was funny and enjoyable (2nd ova, 1st not so much), but it was kinda too much meaningless ecchi. Still enjoyed though.

Bato
Contributer

Posts : 12723
Points : 16067
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1991-02-03
Age : 26
Gender : Male
Location : Hollaaanddd

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys 9/10
After last two episodes I wanted to rate it down to 8/10, but... I just remembered how some episodes made me laugh hard which is really rare for me as I usually just giggle or smile while watching comedy anime's. Therefore, I think it deserved a good rate 9. So yeah, basically every episode has around 7 mini stories or I should say different scenes with many characters. Some of them were facepalm, some just makes you watch with pokerface and some were ROFLMAO reaction. Very random and relaxing anime, which I would recommend to anyone who likes silly jokes and wants to watch some easy content anime without much thinking. Hopefully there will be a 2nd season, because I liked watching 1 episode every night before going to sleep, sets you in a good mood for sleep.

P.S. I suggest to eat before or after the anime and never during it as you might choke to death since some jokes come at really unexpected time Very Happy




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by MvRaM on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Ovyda wrote:Daily Lives of Highschool Boys 9/10
After last two episodes I wanted to rate it down to 8/10, but... I just remembered how some episodes made me laugh hard which is really rare for me as I usually just giggle or smile while watching comedy anime's. Therefore, I think it deserved a good rate 9. So yeah, basically every episode has around 7 mini stories or I should say different scenes with many characters. Some of them were facepalm, some just makes you watch with pokerface and some were ROFLMAO reaction. Very random and relaxing anime, which I would recommend to anyone who likes silly jokes and wants to watch some easy content anime without much thinking. Hopefully there will be a 2nd season, because I liked watching 1 episode every night before going to sleep, sets you in a good mood for sleep.

P.S. I suggest to eat before or after the anime and never during it as you might choke to death since some jokes come at really unexpected time Very Happy

Same rating I gave. Good anime overall. Ringo channnn! Very Happy

MvRaM
Contributer

Posts : 8494
Points : 12852
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1989-12-21
Age : 27
Gender : Male
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 pm

I liked Yacchan most (Literary girl) Very Happy




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Bato on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:40 pm

C – 7/10
Great characters and i liked the idea of this anime. Somehow i didn’t really like it though. There were fun and good moments but there were some terribly boring moments aswell. It didn’t live up to what i wanted to see. Because of the characters and a few good moments (Mikuni and his sister’s story for example) i ended up giving it a 7/10. I’m glad i watched it though.

Bato
Contributer

Posts : 12723
Points : 16067
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1991-02-03
Age : 26
Gender : Male
Location : Hollaaanddd

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by V1ncent on Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Bato wrote:C – 7/10
Great characters and i liked the idea of this anime. Somehow i didn’t really like it though. There were fun and good moments but there were some terribly boring moments aswell. It didn’t live up to what i wanted to see. Because of the characters and a few good moments (Mikuni and his sister’s story for example) i ended up giving it a 7/10. I’m glad i watched it though.
I think i gave it the same, I thought it was too short which caused the ending to be rushed. (at least that's what I think is the reason why I gave it that, can't remember 100%)

V1ncent
Contributer

Posts : 4276
Points : 7275
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1995-01-26
Age : 22
Gender : Male
Location : h0lland

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by MvRaM on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Ovyda wrote:I liked Yacchan most (Literary girl) Very Happy

Very Happy

MvRaM
Contributer

Posts : 8494
Points : 12852
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1989-12-21
Age : 27
Gender : Male
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:57 pm

V1ncent wrote:
Bato wrote:C – 7/10
Great characters and i liked the idea of this anime. Somehow i didn’t really like it though. There were fun and good moments but there were some terribly boring moments aswell. It didn’t live up to what i wanted to see. Because of the characters and a few good moments (Mikuni and his sister’s story for example) i ended up giving it a 7/10. I’m glad i watched it though.
I think i gave it the same, I thought it was too short which caused the ending to be rushed. (at least that's what I think is the reason why I gave it that, can't remember 100%)

I gave it a 9. Was the first weekly show I started from the 1st ep till the end.

1) The story is very original.
2) I loved the art as well. Was different from other anime's, but yet looked good.
3) Characters were fun to watch.
4) Made my brains to work every episode and I like to watch such anime from time to time.

So yeah if not the rushed ending, I'd have given a 10. It was very entertaining + different way of battling Smile




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Zipang 9/10

I would have never watched this if my internet hadn't had some connection issues. To my huge surprise from the very first episode it already caught my interest and I ended up watching 7 episodes without a break.

I personally want to give title "Cliffhanger" to this anime. Like 90% of the episodes ended up with a cliffhanger... Don't get me wrong, I actually loved this. I kind of regret it aired before I started watching anime, because this anime had enormously huge variety of topics to discuss. Every episode was very different from the previous one and many turnarounds happened. I was sometimes even confused so who's right and who's wrong, who's the ally and who's the enemy... Great mind games (not as great as Code Geass and Death note tho) were played during the episodes and it was almost impossible to predict what will be their next move.

Basically this anime starts with 21st century's battle ship leaving the port for some training exercises and encountering some sort of anomaly that sends them back in time to 1942 year (60 years ago). This was the time when Japan were in a war against USA. The next 26 episodes of this anime is how the whole crew struggles to avoid any contact with the people from those years so that they wouldn't change the history.

However, can you actually avoid everyone when you are in the middle of a war? Obviously not...you need food, fuel and other things to survive... and this is were the fun begins... The battle ship from 21st century has such advanced weapons that are enough to destroy the whole USA army (it's realistic, in 60 years weapons do advance that much). Moreover, they know the whole history of this war. In other words they know every movement of both Japan's and USA's armies and what were the turning points of war and just basically they were overpowered. However, they didn't want to participate in this war at all, this was not their war, so this what makes the anime so great... Just how they try to avoid any minimal contact with anyone and what happens when they finally get spotted by both Americans and Japanese people...

The realism of this show was incredible if you don't think about this "time travelling thing". Zipang did a good job portraying the moral issues and how they were dealt with within the crew and their opponents/allies. However, those 26 episodes weren't enough to finish the series. They ended up on another big cliffhanger. Of course, there is manga, but... the disappointment of not having a sequel is huge.





Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by V1ncent on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:54 am

OreImo: 8/10, it's just one of those shows that I want to keep watching and I don't know why. I don't really get why
Spoiler:
they made a ''good end'' when the true end wat better imo. The only problem was the lack of kirino, even though kuroneko is awesome, episodes without the both of them aren't the same.

also kissanime fucked me up, they went straight from 1-15 even though there are 2 versions of episode 12 .__. I watched 13-15 without seeing the right episode 12 so I wtf'd quite hard.

Anyway, is anyone watching the second season? I'd like to know if it follows the
Spoiler:
good end or true end

V1ncent
Contributer

Posts : 4276
Points : 7275
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1995-01-26
Age : 22
Gender : Male
Location : h0lland

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:46 pm

Vampire Knight


Story 7/10
The story was definitely interesting and entertaining, but it could have been executed better. During whole 13 episodes, they didn't fully explain what exactly are the differences between Pure-blooded Vampires - Aristocrat Vampires - Normal Vampires and Level E Vampires. Of course, basic knowledge was given, but I feel like they could have gone into more details. Moreover,
one of the things in my opinion this show lacked was a good antagonist. The antagonist appears only at the end of the series, so until that moment you are confused so who's the bad guy? Is it Vampires or not... Nonetheless,  it was obvious that all 3 main characters have had rather harsh past. However, only Zero's (one of the MC) past was explained further. Even though, there's still another season for VK, I am disappointed that 1st season wasn't used to introduce the characters so that I could get more into the story. On the other hand, this made the show mysterious and less predictable as you don't know what kind of persons they actually are (exception main heroine).

Art 7/10
Nothing special, but it wasn't bad either. The art in my opinion was decent and did have some unique traits. Eyes of Yuuki was really different from what I am used to see and I couldn't say I actually liked... but everything else was appealing. The Vampires as expected were showed as more beautiful than humans, however I wasn't really fond of the bishounen looks.

Sound 10/10
Now that was incredible soundtrack. Both opening and ending songs were so good that gave me chills while listening to them. Moreover, soundtracks fit very well with the rather dark mood of the series.

Character 8/10
My feelings towards the characters constantly kept changing. Sometimes they were very appealing. I loved to see how they have some inner thoughts and struggle to reach the answer they are looking for. All 3 MC's have a deep past, but none of them really feel like sharing the pain with anyone. And this is where comes the annoying/irritating part. The heroine Yuuki crosses the line, she goes too much into Zero's private life. Of course, that's rather normal for a protagonist, but that's what disappoints me the most - making a very typical heroine who always goes after the person who has some problems and ends up in some kind of trouble and getting saved by either Zero or the Pure-blooded Vampire Kaname. However, ignoring this go after-get into trouble-be saved part, the characters are very different from each other and that's what makes the story better. The ending gave me a hope that 2nd season will answer many questions about the characters and show more development of them.

Enjoyment 9/10
Even though, I wasn't really complimenting the show. I can honestly say it was still very enjoyable. The soundtrack makes up for many minor issues I have with this anime. Furthermore, I love to see when characters have some deep inner thoughts and are struggling to find the answer they are looking for. So the only real problem I have with VK is that Yuuki barely changed through whole series and was too much of a typical heroine.

Overall 8/10
I think it's a good rate for this anime. The lack of information about Vampires and MC's history + lack of character development (heroine) were the negative aspects. The OST was definitely the best part of the anime. I believe this a perfect show for teenage girls due to bishounen looks of Vampires, but as for the guys it's nothing that spectacular. Although, it is definitely interesting and worth watching.

Thank you for reading Smile If this was helpful, be kind and press "Helpful" here as well, thanks! ----> Vampire Knight MAL Review by Ovyda




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by MvRaM on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:50 pm

V1ncent wrote:OreImo: 8/10, it's just one of those shows that I want to keep watching and I don't know why. I don't really get why
Spoiler:
they made a ''good end'' when the true end wat better imo. The only problem was the lack of kirino, even though kuroneko is awesome, episodes without the both of them aren't the same.

also kissanime fucked me up, they went straight from 1-15 even though there are 2 versions of episode 12 .__. I watched 13-15 without seeing the right episode 12 so I wtf'd quite hard.

Anyway, is anyone watching the second season? I'd like to know if it follows the
Spoiler:
good end or true end

I am but I don't know what ending it's following.

MvRaM
Contributer

Posts : 8494
Points : 12852
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1989-12-21
Age : 27
Gender : Male
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by V1ncent on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:02 am

noob! ohwell, I'll watch the 2nd season anyway so it doesn't really matter

V1ncent
Contributer

Posts : 4276
Points : 7275
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1995-01-26
Age : 22
Gender : Male
Location : h0lland

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 pm

Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars 7/10
Well this is definitely one of those anime's that you have like VERY low expectations and it turns out to be quite good and entertaining. I watched in dubs and it was quite decent. The whole plot is kinda split into two. Half the episode it feels like another slice of life + school genre anime, and then suddenly it becomes sci-fi with supernatural powers. Oh forgot to mention, aliens do exist in this anime and they are very important. Story revolves around one certain town where natives know about the existence of aliens while nobody else knows. Some of the natives have some special powers and there's one certain person with the power of Shingu. They use this power to defend against "evil" aliens. It's a complicated story, but still quite amusing. It's rather easy anime, I personally just laid back and watched. Time surely went fly even tho some jokes weren't even close to being funny, but it's not a comedy anime, so it was alright. I did like those super powers and the whole plot about aliens how there's an alien federation, how Earth is undeveloped in their eyes, how every character is unique in their own way. Definitely a worth watching anime if you like shounen anime's.




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Ovyda on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Vampire Knight Guilty 9/10

Usually 2nd season is worse than the 1st one. However, this does not apply to Vampire Knight Guilty. Almost in every category VKG was better than VK. The only thing I liked more in 1st season was OST. Music was good in VKG too, but not as fitting the mood of the story as the VK one.

What was 1st season lacking the most, was not enough character introduction in my opinion. I was rather disappointed that only Zero's past was showed and explained while Kaname's and Yuuki's was left unknown. After watching VKG I can understand why didn't show their past in VK. It does make sense and it was a good decision.  

So yeah, we finally got to see their pasts, which also lead to see some better character development as well. If Yuuki was rather annoying and useless in VK, then in VKG she changed almost completely. At the beginning she still wasn't very contributing and as always Zero, Kaname or other Vampires had to take care of her, but she start to grow as a character in my eyes. Of course, that sudden event changed a lot, but she was already getting stronger before it.

On the other hand, I wasn't really expecting to see Kaname's true colors, but surprisingly we did get to see that. I thought he will be used as a mysterious character till the end, but here we got his past, we know why he's so caring about Yuuki and what are his future plans. I believe it was really well done, good timing I mean to do it. It was definitely shocking... I found his past even more harsh than what Zero had. No wonder Kaname was always so distant from everyone.

Vampire Knight Guilty in my eyes were already better when introduced antagonist early in the show instead of at last episodes like in VK. Although I wish he had more screen time. He did get more than enough screen time in the flashbacks, but a bit disappointing how short we got to see him in action during the current time. Yet, I am not really complaining about this as usually fights that take long are just irritating... I am not really fond of shows who drag fights, so I was rather happy how everything happened in VKG.

As I have already mentioned, the music wasn't as good as in Vampire Knight. However, I am not gonna lie, it was still very good. I gave 9/10 and only not a 10, because I know that it could have been better (VK as example). The whole OST was playing the right mood that characters of the series contained, so that was a great addition to the series.

To sum up, the VKG has definitely exceeded my expectations. I can honestly say that it's the first shoujo anime to me that was able to include some mystery and supernatural genre's very well. Another great thing about this anime is that it was unpredictable. Till the very end wasn't sure who will Yuuki choose if she will choose that is.

Whether it was helpful or not, please do not hesitate and give me feedback ^^ I do want to improve writing reviews. Thank you for reading!

P.S. MAL link here ----> http://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=101151




Ovyda
Support Mod
Support Mod

Posts : 7205
Points : 10058
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1993-03-17
Age : 23
Gender : Male
Location : Lithuania

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by MvRaM on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:16 pm

So how is Chihayafuru? Did you guys get into it yet?

Also Ovyda now you can start reading the manga. Its been a few years and there hasn't been any news for a 3rd season. It probably wont ever happen. I still have some hope left in me, I really want to see the manga fully animated, now that it has come to an end.

MvRaM
Contributer

Posts : 8494
Points : 12852
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1989-12-21
Age : 27
Gender : Male
Location : United States

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by V1ncent on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Haven't had the time yet to watch it, when I finish OreImo s2 I will start watching it in the mornings Smile

V1ncent
Contributer

Posts : 4276
Points : 7275
Join date : 2009-12-07
Birthday : 1995-01-26
Age : 22
Gender : Male
Location : h0lland

Back to top Go down

Re: Rate The Latest Anime Series You Have Finished

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum